February 15, 2021 2 min read
To celebrate our two amazing new launches - Super Berry Body Oil and Super Berry Bath & Shower Oil, we asked Matt, the owner of vegan fast food provider Veg Heads, to create a delicious recipe for some super simple, super berry vegan & gluten free pancakes for you to enjoy!
Without further ado, here's how you make the delicious pancakes!
- 2x cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3x TBSP oil
- 1x TSP vanilla extract
- 2x TBSP ground flax seeds
- 2x TBSP Date syrup (optional, use only if you prefer a slightly sweeter pancake, you can use agave or maple syrup too!)
- 2.25x cups gluten-free flour
- 1x TBSP baking powder
- 0.5x TSP baking soda
- 1x TSP ground cinnamon
- 0.5 TSP salt
- More syrup
- Vegan squirty cream
- Brazil nuts
- Chia seeds
- Sprinkle of maca powder
1. Whisk the plant based milk, oil, vanilla extract and ground flax seeds together, and date syrup (if using) in a bowl, whisking enough to incorporate the flax seeds.
2. Heat the frying pan over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes a splash of oil. Make sure the entire surface is cover by picking up the pan and steering the oil into the dry parts. Then turn down the heat to a simmer.
3. Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in a separate bowl until fully blended.
4. Slowly add the wet mix to the dry mix, whisking well until consistent and reasonably thick.
5. Ladle about 1/3 cup (or less for smaller pancakes) of the pancake mix into the centre your pan.
6. Flip when ready, I recommend using a spatula firstly though!
7. Continue cooking until the batter is done, placing pancakes on a covered oven-safe plate in the oven as they finish to keep them warm (around 80c).
- This will make about 8-10 pancakes, depending on how large or small you make them.
- Make sure you keep the pan oily in between pancakes so that the mix doesn't stick to the pan.
- Flip at around 1-1.5 mins.
You Might Also Like:
The latest on sales, new products and more